Stunning detached farmhouse in a truly UNIQUE location on 'Enkele Wiericke', on an expansive 5,045sqm-plot. Situated amidst meadows, and bordering on Reeuwijkse Plassen lakes and Wiericke channel, this is genuinely a COUNTRY setting. The lot is accessed via a driveway from Prinsendijk, a dead-end dike road.
- Unique location, complete tranquility and privacy;
- Vast home with multiple annexes;
- Situated on Wiericke channel, from where waterways lead to Hollandse IJssel river (Gouda / Oudewater);
- The property is fitted with a hot air pump (i.e. no gas tank);
- Recently repainted (2018);
- The ground floor level features gorgeous antique terracotta flooring;
- Charming home with shutters and surrounded by a beautiful garden.
Entrance with the meter box (16 fuses/ 4 RCDs/ 3x three-phase power), coat area, fitted wardrobes and a restroom.
Spacious and charming living room with a wood-burning fireplace with a gorgeous mantel, beamed ceiling, wooden double-landing staircase to the first floor and French doors to the garden. A corridor from the living room leads to the haystack, which has been converted into a den/ hobby room.
Semi-open plan kitchen with a bar in the living area. This luxury country-style kitchen is fitted with a full range of modern appliances and conveniences; a double sink, refrigerator, grill oven, steam oven, 4-burner ceramic cooker, range hood, dishwasher and granite countertops.
The kitchen accesses the practical pantry, with ample storage space, a utility sink and a door to the garden.
There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, one with an authentic raised bed. There is also a bathroom on the ground floor, fitted with a shower cabin, the fittings for the laundry machine, vanity and a radiator.
Spacious landing with a roof window and fitted wardrobes, and ample room for a study nook. The first bedroom on this level offers a lot of storage space and a box-bed. A second bedroom is situated at the side of the house. The third spacious bedroom is at the front and is roomy and bright with 2 roof windows.
The second bathroom is fitted with a bathtub, sink and toilet.
There are multiple annexes on the lot:
- A timber barn (11.0 x 6.80 m) with an indoor chicken coop. There is a large outdoor hen house attached to the barn. The barn also accommodates an equipment room, with the air heat pump unit. This section of the barn is insulated. There are solar panels on the roof to power the pump;
- Timber bicycle shed (5.07 x 2.57 m) at the front of the farmhouse;
- Goat shelter (approximately 1.5 x 1.5 m);
- Former haystack which has been converted into a hobby room/ den.
This property is in a truly unique location! A dead-end road leads to the driveway to the house. From the driveway, there is a view of the water of 'Enkele Wiericke', and the charming polder landscape beyond. The farmhouse includes a private jetty on Wiericke - allowing you not only to dive into the refreshing water but also to dock your own boat, Wiericke offers a direct connection to the (old) Rijn river.
This charming farmhouse is set amidst a lush setting and is surrounded by a beautifully landscaped garden. The garden is well-maintained and includes a number of different sections, including a breathtaking flower garden, a water feature, fruit orchard and a play lawn. The entire plot offers unobstructed views and ultimate privacy.
Looking to purchase your own farmhouse? Bring your NVM estate agent!